P&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
There are 3 ways you can apply for employment opportunities. No phone calls please.
- Mail resume and letter of introduction to: Lorie Boddie, Fiscal and Administrative Manager, 3710 Landmark Drive, Suite 208, Columbia, SC 29204
- Fax resume and letter of introduction to: ATTN: Fiscal and Administrative Manager, Fax # 803-790-1946
- Email resume and letter of introduction to: Lorie Boddie, Fiscal and Administrative Manager, email@example.com
- Social Work Intern Positions – In partnership with the College of Social Work at USC, P&A provides internship opportunities for advanced year MSW students who are enrolled in the Organizations and Communities track. Select interns from USC or other social work programs may be accepted during their first year of the MSW program or for senior placement as BSW undergraduates. Once oriented to the mission and work of P&A, an intern has the opportunity and is expected to seek out projects which will advance his or her learning and are integrated with the curriculum. See a list of potential Learning Opportunities at P&A for advanced year students. If you are interested in learning more about a social work internship at P&A, please contact Gloria Prevost (firstname.lastname@example.org) to explore opportunities in the Columbia office or Lynne Bosma (email@example.com) for possible placement in the Greenville office.
- Law Clerk and Legal Intern/Extern Positions – P&A is a LEGALLY based advocacy organization. P&A employs attorneys to pursue formal legal resolution of problems for people with disabilities when necessary. Currently, P&A has 9 attorneys on staff. They are located in our Columbia, Charleston and Greenville offices. In the past we have provided clerkships to University of South Carolina law students under the James Louis Petigru Public Interest Law Society. The deadline for submitting the application is usually in March of every year (More details regarding the grant). P&A may also have volunteer internships for law students in its Columbia, Charleston, or Greenville offices. The internships may be during the school year or during the summer. Internships provide an opportunity to learn about disability-related law including the Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Housing Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and Individuals with Education Act (special education in public schools). P&A is registered with the Pro-Bono office of the Charleston School of Law (CSOL); students may satisfy their pro-bono service hours at P&A: http://www.charlestonlaw.edu/Career-Services/Pro-Bono.aspx. P&A has also served as a CSOL externship site where law school course credit is earned: http://www.charlestonlaw.edu/Academic-Affairs/Externships/Externship-FAQ-s.aspx. Inquiries for clerkships or internships/externships should be directed to David H. Zoellner, Esquire (firstname.lastname@example.org). P&A may have clerk positions open either during the summer months OR during the school year on a part-time basis. Depending on your interests and P&A’s legal needs, appropriate placement within the organization shall be determined through email and/or an interview process.